What do you do?
We want to introduce people from all over the world to the delights of the Abruzzo region of Italy so they can experience our homeland, traditions, arts and folklore in a way which is unique way and which will demonstrate the benefits of sustainable tourism to everyone. To help you to discover all Abruzzo has to offer, we organise short activity based all-inclusive tours such as Italian cooking holidays, pottery holidays in italy, art holidays in Italy, Italian language holidays and ancestry holidays in Abruzzo for small groups. We can create a tailored holiday around your wishes.
How do I get to Abruzzo?
Italia Sweet Italia’s culinary tours in the calendar include pick up and drop off at Rome Fiumicino Airport that s c300 km from our accommodation providers in Vasto.
Pick up can be arranged at airports close to Vasto like Pescara airport, around 45 minutes by road to Vasto. We can organise transfers to and from other airports.
If you fly into either Rome’s Ciampino or Fiumicino airports and you don’t need our private transfers, then you can travel by bus or train to Pescara or Vasto. The train journey from Rome takes around 4 hours to Pescara and around 5 hours to Vasto. The bus journey from Rome to Pescara takes between 2 and 3 hours, depending on the bus you catch and one hour more to get to Vasto. If you are coming by car, let us know and we will send you driving directions.
How can I book a holiday with you?
To book your holiday with us, simply choose the right package (Italian cooking holidays or art Italian holidays, for example) for you and fill in the form to get a quote for the number of people accompanying you on your proposed course. We will promptly provide an itinerary for your unique experience.
Bookings are subject to availability and only become binding after you have paid a non refundable deposit of 25% per person and receive a confirmation email from Italia Sweet Italia. Holidays booked less than 45 days before their start date must be paid in full. You can pay the deposit and the balance by credit card via PayPal or by Bank Transfer.
Can I create my own Italian holiday itinerary?
Certainly! We are more than happy to create an itinerary just for you and your friends. Visit Italia Sweet Italia’s Tailor-Made section to get more information on how we can create a truly Italian holiday for you.
Do you offer pick up and drop off services?
Yes we do. Pick up and drop off services to and from either Rome Fiumicino are included in the prices of our holiday packages.
We can organise transfers to and from other airports such us Pescara, Rome Ciampino, Naples Capodichino, Bari, Ancona and many others.
What’s the best time of year to visit Abruzzo?
More or less any time of year. Abruzzo is beautiful all year round. The climate of this southern area of Italy is very mild and the cold only really becomes noticeable in December and January, or if you head up into the mountains. Note that our winters are much like spring in the UK.
In summer – from June to mid-September, it can become very hot – so light clothing is a must.
What’s included in your prices?
- All meals (food, water & wine)
- Cooking, Italian language, painting or pottery classes
- Day trips and excursions
- Transfers from and to Rome Fiumicino Airport
- Transport for day trips and excursions
- All admission and tour fees
- An English speaking tour manager for the duration of the holiday
- All taxes
What’s not included in your prices?
- Spending money
- Snacks/Drinks between meals, or any meals not listed on the itinerary
- Personal expenses like phone calls, visa costs, laundry or tips
- Travel insurance (not obligatory, but recommended)
- Drinks not listed in the itinerary (an extra bottle of wine, for example)
- The cost of additional excursions or activities
Who are the guides and who will hold the courses?
- Throughout the duration of your staying in Abruzzo you’ll be accompanied by an English-speaking tour representative, so you won’t have to worry about anything.
- Our cooking course tutors are experienced “massaie” – Italian housewives or professional chefs. The painting course is run an Italian artist and the pottery tutors are ceramists Michela and Giuseppe of Cretarossa pottery.
- We only select partners who share our love of Abruzzo, its history and traditions. On this page you can meet our friends who we hope will soon become your friends too.
If I have problems once I’ve booked, can I reschedule or cancel my trip?
- If you need to reschedule your trip, don’t worry. Let us know, and we’ll do our best to help you sort out alternative dates, though this may incur additional charges.
- If for any reason you need to cancel your trip entirely, a penalty is charged as shown below (calculation is in calendar days):
|Days before holiday start date||Charge per person|
|45 days or more||25% of the total cost|
|15 – 44 days||50% of the total cost|
|7 – 14 days||80% of the total cost|
|0 – 6 days||100% of the total cost|
Can I include a visit to other places in Italy like Rome or Naples?
Yes you can, but it will be subject to additional charges. If you want to enjoy trips to other places in Italy, then let us know and we’ll let you know what can be done and how much it would cost. We can organise one or more extra days included in our tour.
Alternatively, if you want to create your very own personalised itinerary, please visit our Tailor-Made section.
I do not know how to cook, paint or do pottery, can I join the course?
Certainly. Our experienced course tutors will soon discover your level of knowledge and will adapt their approach accordingly. You can always let us know your level of experience when you book as this will help our tutors ensure you get the best out of the classes.
If you still have questions, then email, phone (+39 349 8630483) or Skype us (italiasweetitalia).