Price:get a quote
So many of us dream of a unique Italian holiday that is tailor made to suit both our interests and budget. Italia Sweet Italia offers the chance to have such a holiday experience in the central Italian region of Abruzzo that allows you to create your own holiday without any of the leg-work or research. As well as cooking, painting, pottery and Italian language classes, which include wine tastings and other goodies, there’s a wide choice of other activities to select from to suit the independent traveller and those holidaying with their family.
Something Different on Holiday in Italy
Prices for these classes, excursions and activities including accommodation, guide, all meals, transport, entry fees for excursions and tastings start at € 180 per day per person according to the type of accommodation selected, the season, the number of participants within a group and the combination of the activities.
Some examples of the activities you can select from on your tailor-made holiday in Abruzzo:
- A visit to market, cooking pasta with Mamma in a private home | Photos
- Cooking class on a trabocco (ancient fishing equipment typical of Abruzzo) | Photos
- Painting class | Photos
- Pottery class | Photos
- Visit to a medieval castle | Photos
- Visit to an hermitage on the mountains | Photos
- Day trip discovering Tremiti Islands on a private motorboat | Photos
- Wine tasting class
- Art experience to create your personal postcard or a little sculpture | Photos
- Visit to a winery, with wine tasting and tour of the vineyard and cellars | Photos
- Visit to an olive oil mill and olive grove and extra virgin olive oil tasting | Photos
- Grape harvest | Photos
- Gelato making class | Photos
- Street theater | Photos
- Olive harvest | Photos
- Truffle hunting | Photos
- Cycling along the coast or inland in the Appenine mountains | Photos
- Walking along the coast or inland in the Appenine mountains | Photos coast | Photos mountain
- Visit and fishing demonstration on a trabocco (ancient fishing equipment typical of Abruzzo)| Photos
- Farmhouse experience: cheese making, cows milking, bread making… | Photos
- Forage, Cook & Feast, discover the art of foraging for delicious wild Italian herbs & plants and afterwards learn how to cook them into a traditional feast | Photos
- Visit to the historic bell foundry of Agnone which still manually makes church bells for the Vatican | Photos
- Handmade jewelry demonstration | Photos
- Learning how to conserve tomatoes to last all winter making traditional delicious bottles of passata or pezzetti: the most important backbone to so many Italian dishes including the classic fresh tomato sauce | Photos
- A day trip to one of Abruzzo’s picturesque mountain villages like Castelli, Scanno, Rocca Calascio or Santo Stefano di Sessanio, Fara San Martino, the region has the most listed in Borghi piu Bella Italia guide | Photos
- City day trips to Rome, Naples or other destinations
Sun, Sea, Mountains, Good Food & Wine
For nature lovers, Abruzzo is a great place to visit. It’s not overly touristy, but has everything someone looking for culture and relaxation could wish for: sun, sea, mountains, good food and wine. Our tailor-made holidays are ideal for small groups of friends, a few couples, families, or how about a team building cooking class for your company?
Silence & Colour, Flavours & Perfumes
You’ll hear the silence of Abruzzo, you will get lost among its colours, you’ll remember its flavours and perfumes for a long time and we can guarantee be keen to visit again. It’s difficult to forget the breathtaking views of Abruzzo: from the Adriatic Sea to the Maiella and Gran Sasso – the highest mountains of central Italy – from the reserves and the natural parks to the countryside, from dawn to sunset on the mountains. You will see and meet many Italians – men and women, young and old – but, more importantly, you’ll have new friends who love their region and are proud to tell you about it. You will feel at home with Italia Sweet Italia.
CREATE YOUR TAILOR-MADE VACATION
Select all the experiences you would like to live with us with a click on the images, fill in the fields below and send us the request to let us organize your dream vacation and once in a lifetime trip!